What is it?
A suite of software for producing a rapid audit of your BusinessObjects deployment containing:
- Administration tools for database creation/management, mass auditing
- End user add-ins for activity capture
- Starter universes and reports
What does it do?
- Audits Universes, BusinessObjects/Desktop Intelligence/Web Intelligence Documents to a relational database.
- Audits full client documents from the BOE ‘Repository’, file servers or user’s local computer drives.
- Audits Web Intelligence documents in public and user folders.
- Provide continuous audit of full client activity.
- Works with multiple repositories.
- Compatible with BusinessObjects versions 5i, 6 and XIR2 and XIR3.
Additional functionality over BOE auditing includes:
- Provides a means of capturing full client activity with versions 5i, 6 and XIR2 not possible with the BOE standard software.
- Captures details of documents without waiting for a user to open them.
- Captures more additional details to standard audit –e.g. Combined queries, objects and classes
- Relates documents objects back to full universe object definition.
- Simple database structure to interrogate with supplied universes and starter reports.
- Minimal impact on existing deployment environment.
- Impact analysis of database/universe changes on existing documents.
- Rapid pre migration/upgrade audit.
- Universe optimisation based on actual object usage.
- Aid to understand document distribution and usage within your deployment.
- Determine active documents and users.
- License reconciliation.
"Pleased to hear that BIW is now available for BI4.1. We have just upgraded from XIR3 to BI4.1 and will be looking to upgrade BIW as soon as everything has settled down. We find it an invaluable tool. It is able to provide a fair bit of information but the prime usage for us is in identifying what objects are used where. We don’t have a massive installation (around 500 reports and 30 universes) but it is too big to monitor manually. We recently created a new calendar table and wanted to replace the old one with it. BIW made this a simple task as we could tackle it one universe at a time with a single report listing all the business reports that used the calendar derived objects. These were amended and then we re-audited the system to ensure we hadn’t missed any. It was also used a fair bit in the tidy up exercises that we ran prior to the upgrade".
Business Applications Manager, International Soft Drinks Manufacturer, GB
Email us to arrange an evaluation in your environment
or call +44 (0) 1225 832105
We are currently looking for resellers around the world. Contact us if you would be interested in being able to supply the BI Warehouse to your clients.